I’m still reading the comments from my 100 Things to do Before I Go posts. The best one so far is from Claire, who says:
“…the direct result of you writing this excellent list is me quitting my stupid, stupid admin job and heading to uni to study nursing at the ripe old age of 27. Thanks Maggie â€¦ I really needed this!!! Reading your list and seeing all the fabulous things you would get up to got my bum into gear to start living my life too.â€¨xx”
Well done, Claire. Go! Go! Go!
Here are some ideas that intrigued me from the lists you posted on your sites. I like the way they all sound together:
show photos in a gallery
participate in a humanitarian mission in another country
have a rose garden
22. Find my best friends from growing up .. Maria Salas, and Phillip Avila
29. Be debt free
41. Learn to accept that I will always need meds for my depression
This Happy Home
1. own a store with big display windows.
12. embroider a self portrait.
24. make my own wine.
Writing to Sanity
12. Do not go online for 3 consecutive days
61. See an author read from his or her work
73. Learn the correct way to hold and shoot a gun
The Littlest Tree Hugger
7. Learn Spanish, French, Arabic and conversational Japanese
12. Help put my niece thru college (if she wants to go)
25. Keep a goldfish for longer than a month
1. See sloths in Costa Rica.
5. Live off the food in the kitchen (a la Laura) for one month
28. Find out the real name of my biological father
49. Do something to get into the Guinness Book of World Records
72. Have part of my income come from something internet related
1. Make my own cream soda.
6. Spend a night on a train.
19. Build and furnish a dollhouse.
More Kisses Please
3. ride a giraffe
13. spend a night in the room Janis Joplin died in
16. pay someone’s rent for the month
The Nonhipster Mom
7. Make really great marinara sauce.
12. Stop being mad at my parents.
19. Make puff pastry from scratch.
23 Build a time capsule
24 Read the dictionary from beginning to end
73 Have my dogâ€™s teeth cleaned
8. Own a Victorian style home, complete with claw-foot tub, window seat, and sparkling crystal chandelier.
14. Learn to sing again.
24. Stay a night in Draculaâ€™s Castle.
3. Have tea at the Plaza
8. Design the perfect jacket
9. Flip an egg in a pan