Hello! This isn’t an ad, it’s a thing I use.
A few weeks ago, I told you about the face cream I’ve been using for years, and mentioned that I have a favorite sunscreen too.
This is it: La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra-Light Facial Sunscreen. I’ve been using it on my face, neck, chest, and hands for the past few years. As my girlfriends and I enter our 40s and 50s, we talk about how you can really see who has been wearing sunscreen and sun hats their whole lives — especially the white ladies, although everyone seems to get age spots and the like. I haven’t been militant about sunscreen until the last five years or so, but man, it’s kind of shocking the difference it made when I started applying religiously.
Why Anthelios is the best:
• It works. It doesn’t seem to require as much reapplication as other sunscreens. My age spots are fading, and I’m not picking up any new freckles, which has been a lifelong problem for me.
• It’s a watery liquid, so lightweight you can’t even feel it on your face and neck. You can get a sense of the texture at 2:37 in this video.
• It doesn’t have that overpowering sunscreen smell, and it also doesn’t smell “tropical.”
• It goes on matte.
• It absorbs almost instantly, and feels good under makeup.
• A little goes a long, long way.
Target carries it, but it’s a couple bucks cheaper on Amazon. It’s around $30 for a 2 oz bottle that goes and goes. So it’s not cheap, but again you don’t need much. I put it in the category of good makeup and preventative health stuff like vitamins. Protect your skin, healthy peoples!
If you have a sunscreen you’re devoted to, especially a whole-body one, I’d love to hear.