This is my spin on a digestif — for guests who aren’t inclined to drink their booze straight, whether to aid digestion or the conversation. It’s strong, intentionally so, but it’s also delicious.
Rim glass with nutmeg and sugar. Add:
• 1 shot Sailor Jerry’s rum
• 1 shot hot Earl Grey tea
• A splash of almond milk (to taste)
Despite the name, do not require that guests drink it off your body, or you’ll have some awkward burns to explain later.
Here’s to museums after dark, feeling healthy and well-rested, and playing it by ear. What are you toasting this week?
Other Mighty cocktails:
The ABC • Sassy Lassi • The Cherry Bing • The Vacation • Shots n ‘Cots • Avocado Bourbon Shake
BAM! I made shot glasses out of apricots! Because I am a Lady MacGyver. These contain tequila, so I regret not salting the rims to make Margarita Bites. Be ye not so thoughtless.
They’re easy to make. Three steps:
1. Test your apricots to make sure they’ll stand up on their bums.
2. While your apricot is standing on a flat surface, take a metal cap (I used one from a booze bottle), and press it into the stem end.
3. Use a knife or small spoon to pull out the top and the pit beneath.
Voila, drunkards! Tiny little booze bombs.
Happy Fourth of July tomorrow! Please do not do shots and light things on fire. Love, Maggie