This post is inspired by Shot@Life, an initiative of the United Nations Foundation dedicated to using vaccines as a cost-effective way to save children’s lives in developing countries.
Hi guys, I need your help. This post is part of an online relay through the United Nation’s Shot at Life program. The goal is to get vaccines for kids who wouldn’t otherwise get them. For the month of August:
One Comment, One Share, or One Like = One Vaccine
By literally pushing some buttons we can protect kids against measles, pneumonia, diarrhea, and polio. During Shot@Life’s Blogust, several bloggers have been helping to secure sponsor donations. I’ve also been asked to share a quote that inspires me, so I decided on one that reminds me of you guys:
With your help, I’d like us to secure 1,000 vaccines. This feels like a reach, so will you help? Any one of these simple actions equals a vaccine:
– Leave a comment on this post about a good deed someone has done for you. Can you comment twice? Yes, yes you can.
– Mr. T Baby on Instagram, click the heart.
– Facebook, like, comment, or share.
– Pinterest, repin the quote or heart it.
– Twitter Jedi Baby!, Fave, reply, or RT, the latter being the gold star.
– Your megaphone: If you use the hastag #blogust or include @shotatlife to spread the word on any of your social accounts, each of those actions counts towards a vaccine too. (If you do that, please cc me in whatever medium so I can say thanks. You are my people.)
The push of a button potentially saves a life. We live in the future, my friends. Shot@Life hopes to generate funds for 50,000 vaccines, and there’s a counter on the site that currently reads 37,902. Let’s move that needle. As it were.
Thanks so much you guys. You are kind ones.
***UPDATE: WE DID IT!!***
Wow. Thank you guys so much! Here and across social networks, we triggered over 1,000 donated vaccinations in a single day. Wow! Thank you, sweet people. You are pretty great.
There are more Blogust posts from friends over at The Spohrs are Multiplying, Petite Elefant, Justice Fergie Moma’s Gone City, Whiskey in My Sippy Cup, My Brown Baby, Cool Mom Picks, and Mom it Forward. We have until August 31. Thanks again.