From Esquire’s interview of Valerie Jarrett, Senior White House Advisor:
• If somebody’s trying to get you angry, the calmer you get, the angrier they’ll get.
• Just because you’re nervous doesn’t mean you have to look nervous. Nobody can look inside you. Project what you want to project.
• You can’t expect people to put your friendship on hold because you’re in a demanding job. Friends require investment. Like a garden, you have to water them. If you don’t, they dry up.
• You have to look at people in order to be able to read them.
• Anytime I was hesitant about taking a chance, my grandmother would say, “Valerie, put yourself in the path of lightning.
3 thoughts on “Valerie Jarrett”
whoah this blog is wonderful i really like reading your posts.
Stay up the good work! You know, many people are looking around for this information,
you can aid them greatly.
I know this website provides quality depending content and other data, is there any other
website which offers these things in quality?
I’ve been super busy with big life changes and not reading many blogs lately, yours has always been one of my favorites. This post is exactly why.
Thank you for sharing this, Maggie.