Lessons learned on Impromptu Los Angeles Roadtrip, 2006:
– You’re not as cute in L.A.
– Some people buy matching white sweat suits, with their names in bedazzled scroll script down the sleeves, and wear them to brunch.
– Once seated at a restaurant, everyone should overtly check surrounding tables for possible celebrities.
– Possible celebrities include people like Mickey Rooney’s son.
– Once you see Mickey Rooney’s son, you are required to mention having seen him in approximately 50 percent of your conversations from that moment forward.
I also learned that you should not eat the questionably cooked eggs before a seven-hour road trip in a two-seater, 1974 Volkswagon. Seriously, that’s one to grow on.