- A woman in a white Hazmat suit sprays down the sidewalk in front of the Castro theater.
- The train smells like pepper.
- A church sign reads, “Join us, pray for America.” Two men are seated on the steps below the sign. Their heads are bowed, hands in their laps. It takes me a moment to realize they’re sleeping.
- A huge black garbage can overflows with blossoming branches.
- A group of old women are talking on the sidewalk. The shortest one holds her cigarette like a joint.
A SMALL, GOOD THING
“We realize some of you may now defect, and while we wish you well, we also spit on your backs.” The Morning News just relaunched. Take a moment.