Universal truth: People who make stuff are preferable to people who fail to make stuff.
We’re in our final round of the I Made This Project on Go Mighty. Add the tag #imadethis to a story on Go Mighty, and then share your project on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. We’ll enter you for a chance to win this $400 package:
Once a generation an invention comes along that shifts the dominant paradigm. Such is the Six-Pack Frame Cinch created by the husband and wife team at Walnut Studiolo. Where was this when I was in college? You guys are geniuses.
This vintage typewriter stamp is handmade by Meagan Lewis of Brown Pigeon. She carves her custom stamps from rubber. You can use yours as a bookplate starter, or to stamp the cover page of the novel you’re writing.
Customize your handiwork with this stamp from Cathie at Ampersandity, who does her own hand-lettering and calligraphy.
EPIPHANIE CAMERA AND LAPTOP BAG
Finally, our photographer friend Maile Wilson designed this Epiphanie Camera Bag which accommodates a DSLR, lenses, and your laptop or tablet. I use mine constantly.
So share what you’re making on Go Mighty with the tag #imadethis. When you do, we’ll enter you for a chance to win. I’ll share some of my favorite entries here, and we’ll announce the winner on August 30.
Also, you have a little glitter on your face.
- Megan H is taking a huge goal and breaking it into tiny bites, most recently she’s hoping to use her new knot tying skills on unruly bachelors. (Baby steps, you know?) When I see this kind of story unfolding it gives me chills, because it’s obvious she is doing this thing. Cheering for you, Megan.
- If you were bummed to miss the first round of Victoria Smith’s (SF Girl by Bay) online book club, join in for round two.
- Meanwhile, the Go Mighty community is still making summer resolutions. If you tag your summer ideas #gosummer, we’ll enter you to win one of six tickets to Camp Mighty. Kimberly Hall made a cool list for artists.
One more month of Summer! I’ve gotta get some bonfires in, son. I hope your days have been happy and your nights warm.
If you’re not a member of Go Mighty, our Life List community, I hope you’ll have a look and consider making your own list of fun ideas for your life. Invitations are issued within 24 hours of sign up.
Progress on the Summer Resolutions front:
Midnight Picnic with Hank at the Eiffel Tower
Another Conversation with a Six Year Old
Fireworks for Bastille Day!
This was one I had to add to my list retroactively, because how was this not on my list? Silly.
How’s your summer shaping up? If you tag your Go Mighty goals and stories with #gosummer, you enter yourself for a chance to win a ticket to Camp Mighty. It would be nice to see you there.
How’s your summer coming? Pretty good, by the looks of it:
- Liz Stiverson has a morbid plan, inspired by one of my morbid plans. (Speaking of which, I’m visiting the Catacombs this morning. Creepy girls, unite.)
- Here’s to Nathalie Robertson, who is celebrating the grand opening of RedFish BlueFish in Toronto! Go Mighty is lousy with entrepreneurs, so we feel an extra tug of happiness when someone makes a big push toward their business goals. Success, profit, and satisfaction for you Nathalie.
- Brittany’s goal to boost the confidence of women continues with the help of Rivet & Sway. And you can join in live on July 18.
- How are your Go Summer resolutions coming along?
-Megan H is learning how to tie knots as part of her goal to sail a boat.
-Kellee Bryan made a plan to take a few months off of paid work, so she gets a chance to spend all summer with her kids.
-And Neil Gaiman made Rebecca Crump’s Summer thunderstorm better than she could have planned.
All those Go Summer folks are entered for a chance to win a ticket to Camp Mighty. If you haven’t made your own Summer Resolutions yet, consider it. Because they are fun. And because Camp Mighty has a poolside lounge chair with your name on it.
July, you’re really coming along.
Most years, my summer goes like this, “It’s Summer! It’s Summer! It’s… Fall.”
Summer looks so easy from the outside, filled with simple pleasures like barbecues, road trips, watermelon on ice. Unfortunately, it’s even easier to put those things off in favor of napping in a cool place. (I love you, napping. Come here, let’s cuddle.)
Much like the holidays, there are things I need to do every Summer or it doesn’t feel like I really got a Summer. And all of us know what I do in these situations. I make a list:
And! If you’d like to make your own list of fun ideas for Summer, Team Mighty is giving away Camp Mighty tickets to members of the Go Mighty community. To be eligible, tag your summer plans and goals, and any stories about your progress, with #gosummer.
We’ll be giving away the first of six tickets next Friday. Hooray! Here’s hoping we get to meet up for a little more summer in Palm Springs this October.
Sara Lando! Get on this, stat.. And then the rest of us will have to do it too.
Sara McNally is making things. So satisfying.
Oh c’mon. One of you has to want these.
If you’re not a member of Go Mighty yet, come have a look. Invitations go out within about 24 hours after your initial request, so don’t be shy.
-That’s Katie Thorne up there, just hangin’ with her hubby while she checks something off her life list. Like you do.
-I’ve always wanted to go to this.
- And Leslie Fandrich is actually getting started on one of the most common, and most difficult, goals we see on Go Mighty.
If you’re not a member of Go Mighty yet, come hang out. We’re still technically in beta, but invitations go out within about 24 hours after your initial request, so don’t be shy.