Susan Hall is hanging in Afghanistan. No bigs.
– Well, now I kind of want to dye my hair blue.
– Listen, girl. I am all about a plan. You’ll get on that plane eventually.
– Finally, a question: Is there anywhere in the U.S. where it’s legal to do this? Because let’s go outlaw if we have to.
Surprise. Writing to Joan Didion was daunting. These two paragraphs have twenty unnecessary words between them. Perhaps I should have just written “Thank you.” on a postcard. Ah well.
I want these. I can almost smell the paper. The drop caps were designed by Jessica Hische, who happens to be an acquaintance, so this makes me extra happy. Yay, Jessica! You do cool stuff.
If you like books and you’d like to enter, here’s all you have to do:
1) If you haven’t already, sign in on Go Mighty.
2) Create a life list goal of thanking authors. (Here’s mine.)
3) Every time you write a thank you note, post a photo or the text on Go Mighty with the tag #ThankAWriter.
We’ll enter your name once for every note you write. This is our second week of a five-week project, so dig out your stationery and get to it. It will make you happy.